Friday, August 09, 2013

Friday Memes 8/9



The Question:
If you don't like a book that you said you would review, do you graciously turn it down and explain why or do you struggle through it and hopefully come up with a half decent review?

My Answer:
It depends on how much I don't like the book and where I got it from. If it was from an author I will usually contact them and let them know I'm not enjoying it and ask whether or not they'd like me to post a DNF review. If it is from a review company I'll either muddle through and write a review or post a DNF review. Either way I always find at least one or two good things to say about the book and try to keep my negative comments to a minimum.


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Something wasn't right. Rylee Monroe unclipped the leash from Romeo's collar, then stood still in the quiet kitchen, all senses alert.
Beguiled by Deeanne Gist and J. Mark Bertrand

My Thoughts
A very intriguing beginning!

5 comments:

Vonnie said...

That is an intriguing beginning.

My Friday Post

Elizabeth said...

Good answer to the Book Blogger Hop.

My answer is in the link below.

Don't read any books this weekend that you don't like. :)

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Juli Rahel said...

I don't think I've ever posted a DNF review, because I either contact the author or muddle through and try to balance out the negative with some positives! Thanks for sharing, I hope you have a great weekend!
My Friday Post
Juli @ Universe in Words

RAnn said...

I do post negative reviews. http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2013/08/book-blogger-hop_9.html

michie scott said...

I will definitely finish the book and give an honest review

new GFC follower here

hope you can visit my site Mich Book Shelf

Post a Comment