Monday, August 05, 2013

Top Ten Books I Want Sequels To/Series I Want More Of

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

So this week's topic was a lot harder than I thought it'd be. As I scanned my shelves I realized that authors these days have really figured out the perfect place to end. For many of the books and series I love I found that even though it would be cool to read more of the characters, having any more just doesn't seem like it would work. Especially since I read a lot of romance that often ends with the couple engaged or married and any more books usually means problems in their relationship and I'm happy leaving them happy. That being said I did find some books/series and then I asked Katie to give some of her picks!

Katie: Like Abbi, I didn't want to mess up any perfect romances! So my choices lie entirely in the realm of speculative fiction, with fun characters and amazing worlds I never wanted to leave!

Abbi's Picks

#1. Team Hope Series by Susan May Warren-Such an amazing series but I have always been extremely disappointed that Conner did not get his own book since he was one of my favorite characters!

#2. River of Time Series by Lisa T. Bergren-Everyone knows I love this series and even though there is still one novella coming out, I never want this series to end!

#3. The O'Malley's Series by Dee Henderson-This one I half want to go on and I'm half satisfied. I think it would be cool to have one book set a few years later just to see how their lives are!

#4. All the Tea in China by Jane Orcutt-This author died shortly after she released her debut novel and I have always wanted more!

#5. Only in Gooding Series by Cathy Marie Hake-This is more because I want more books from this author but it would be cool if they were more Gooding books!

Katie's Picks

#1. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis-Who doesn't want more adventures in Narnia?

#2. The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling-I just read these books now, as an adult, and there is so much scope in Rowling's world, it could easily hold several more series.

#3. Arena by Karen Hancock-This was one of the very first science fiction books I ever read. I love how Hancock took the Narnian premise of putting ordinary characters into an extraordinary world so they could grow to love Someone by a different name, and turned it into an action-packed romance for adults.

#4. The Veritas Project by Frank Peretti-I loved how this series threw a family into faith-testing, spine-chilling environment, and half the time you didn't know if they would make it out. It was set up very well to continue as a longer series, so I was disappointed as I waited for a sequel that never came.

#5. The Birthright Project by Kathryn Mackel-This series was a unique mix of futuristic fantasy, and a planned third book was never published, leaving a bunch of story threads dangling.

1 comments:

Margo Berendsen said...

What a neat list! I am familiar with most of these books but some I didn't realize were already series! Loved that Chronicles of Narnia made the list (I should have had that one on my list, too) and Arena! I wish more people knew about Arena.

Post a Comment